Who May Attend
- High school graduates
- Individuals in possession of a California high school proficiency certificate, GED or certificate of completion
- Individuals at least 18 years of age and no longer attending high school
- International/foreign students who are eligible for admission under the USCIS guidelines
- High school student* – must complete and submit Concurrent Enrollment Form
* IF you are a graduating high school senior concurrently enrolled at Rio Hondo College AND plan to attend the subsequent term, you will need to apply as a first time college student.
According to state (ED49061) and federal (FERPA) regulations, parents of a community college student DO NOT have the right to access their child’s student records regardless of whether the student is under the age of 18.
Do I Need To Apply
- You need to apply if:
- You have NEVER applied to Rio Hondo College
- You are a returning student (missed the previous semester, excluding summer)
- High school student
- You DO NOT need to apply if you are a continuing student (currently registered in a class)
TIPS for completing your application:
- Use your full legal name.
- Use a valid email address that you check frequently.
- Have your social security number handy. Your social security number IS NOT used as your student identification number, instead you will be assigned a Rio Hondo College ID number. However, your social security number is REQUIRED for Financial Aid, Enrollment Verification with National Student Clearing House (NSCH), 1098Ts (tax credit), G.I. Bill and other financial processes.
- Have names and dates (mm/yy) of all high schools and colleges attended available.
- It is critical that you be as accurate and complete as possible when filling out the application. Mistakes or omissions will likely delay the processing of your application.
- New students must create a User Account (Be sure to save your User Name and password).
- Sign In using your User Name and password and complete the application.
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
- Submit the application by clicking the “FINISH” link.
- Check your email for:
- Immediate confirmation of application received.
- Within four (4) business days you will receive your “Welcome Email” which includes your Rio Hondo College student ID number, user name and login instructions. Be sure to check your SPAM and Junk folders.