INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- English proficiency – F1 students must have sufficient knowledge of English to benefit from courses at the college level. An official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam no more than 2 years old must be submitted. A total score of 450 or more (paper based); 133 (computer based); or 45-46 (internet based) on TOEFL is required. An American Embassy/Consulate in your area may be able to provide information regarding TOEFL or you can call 1-877-863-3546 (in the United States) 1-609-771-7100 (all other locations) or visit the web site www.ets.org/toefl. If you come from a country where English is the native language this requirement will be waived.
- Financial Statement – International students must provide a bank letter stating a minimum US $20,000 in order to meet all the college expenses.
- Age – International students must be at least 18 years old.
- Copy of Passport – submitted with your application. If you are currently in the United States, you will also need to submit a copy of your I-20 and your I-94.
- A $20.00 non-refundable processing fee – must be submitted with your application.
- Unofficial Transcripts – from all universities/colleges that you have attended in the United States.
- A Transfer Clearance Form – will be issued upon acceptance.
To apply for the International Student program please fill out this application and return it with the required documents to:
Rio Hondo College
International Student Program
3600 Workman Mill Rd
Whittier, CA 90601