Office Location: Room A207A
(2nd floor Administration Building)
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (562) 908-3435
The Foster/Kinship Care Education & Independent Living Programs at Rio Hondo College provides quality education, support services, and resources to:
- Foster/Resource Parents & Caregivers of children/youth in out-of-home care &
- Current and former foster youth
Through the following programs:
- Foster/Kinship Care Education (FKCE)
- Youth Empowerment Strategies for Success-Independent Living Program (YESS-ILP)
- CONnections Necessary to Experience College Transition (CONNECT) & Foster Youth Success Initiative (FYSI)
- Transitioning Aged Foster Youth (TAFY) – Healthy Transitions
May is National Foster Care Awareness Month
For more information on how you can make a difference in the life of a child in foster care or would like more information on foster care month please visit:
In honor of Foster Care Month, the Foster/Kinship Care Education Program , is offering an Educational Institute “Children are the Future” to foster parents, caregivers, social workers, parents and the general public on May 21, 2015 at the Radisson Hotel in Whittier (Pre-Registration is required). A collaborative effort of the FKCE Program at Rio Hondo, East Los Angeles, Cerritos College & the Los Angeles County DCFS Kinship Division.
Click Below for further details