1. Complete an Admissions Application
2. Apply for Financial Aid including the BOG Fee Waiver
3. Take the Rio Hondo College Placement Test in: Math – Reading – English
For more information contact the Assessment Center: @ 562-692-0921 ex 7226
4. Schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan
For appointments contact the CalWORKs office @ 562-463-7311
How to apply?
Please call the Rio Hondo CalWORKs Program office at (562) 463-7311 for an appointment or come into the CalWORKs office room SS 220.
Student is receiving temporary aid for needy families (TANF).
What’s expected from a CalWORKs Student
1. Maintain a 2.0/C average
2. Meet the 20/30/35 hour county approved program of activities
3. Comply with Department of Social Services and CalWORKs/GAIN guidelines