1. Complete an Admissions Application
2. Apply for Financial Aid including the BOG Fee Waiver
3. Take the Rio Hondo College Placement Test in: Math – Reading – English
For more information contact the Assessment Center: @ 562-692-0921 ex 7226
4. Schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor to develop an Educational Plan
For appointments contact the CalWORKs office @ 562-463-7311
Effective Fall 2014, due to the Student Success Act (SB1456), CalWORKs students will obtain Priority Enrollment when they complete Assessment, Orientation complete an Educational Plan and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
How to apply?
Please call the Rio Hondo CalWORKs Program office at (562) 463-7311 for an appointment or come into the CalWORKs office room SS 220.
Student is receiving temporary aid for needy families (TANF).
What’s expected from a CalWORKs Student
1. Maintain a 2.0/C average
2. Meet the 20/30/35 hour county approved program of activities
3. Comply with Department of Social Services and CalWORKs/GAIN guidelines