Disabled Students Programs & Services provides services above and beyond those services that may be available through other programs on campus. The services may include in-classroom services (such as note-taking, sign language interpreter, specialized furniture, etc.) and specialized services such as registration assistance, counseling, access to DSPS computer lab and assistive technology. All services and accommodations must be requested in a timely fashion and approved by a DSPS Specialist or counselor each term.
In order to remain eligible for these services, students must regularly update their file in DSPS. It is your responsibility to:
- Schedule follow-up appointments with your specialist
- Request accommodations for your classes each semester/term
- Update your Student Educational Contract
- Meet with a counselor to update your education plan and provide DSPS with a copy
- Provide a copy of your class schedule each semester/term