Commuting to work on congested freeways can be time consuming and a stressful experience. By exploring a wide range of ridesharing options, employees can save time, save money, reduce stress, reduce traffic congestion, and improve the air quality in Los Angeles County.
South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD)
SCAQMD Rule 2202 is to provide employers with a menu of options to reduce mobile source emissions generated from employee commutes, to comply with federal and state Clean Air Act requirements, Health & Safety Code Section 40458 and Section 182(d)(1)(B) of the federal Clean Air Act.
Rule 2202 applies to any employer who employs 250 or more employees on a full or part-time basis at a worksite.
- Must be a regular full time or part time employee at Rio Hondo College
- Must complete an enrollment form and be approved by Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC)
- Rideshare with one, two or more passengers for the majority (51%) of the total trip distance to Rio Hondo College campus.
Rideshare Incentives for each day of participation
- Walking, jogging, skating or bicycling – $2 per day
- Ride bus to work – $2 per day
- Reimbursement of a monthly bus pass ($52 maximum)
- Ride with another person – $1 per day
- Ride with two other persons – $1.25 per day
- Ride with three or more persons – $1.50 per day
- Vanpool with seven or more persons – $1.50 per day
Additional Rideshare Incentives
- Guaranteed ride home (if there is an emergency at home)
- Rideshare matching
- Food discount coupon
- Fuel – up to $40 (semi-annually)
- Oil change – up to $30 (semi-annually)
- Car wash – up to $15 (semi-annually)
- Preferential parking space
Call your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) to see if you meet the requirements to receive these incentives: Yolanda Adame, extension 7609 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIDESHARE SURVEY – Print and Complete the Form Below and return to Parking Services
Metro – New Park & Ride Opens Next to the 101 Freeway
A new 400-space Park & Ride lot recently opened near the 101 Freeway, offering your employees who live in the Calabasas/Las Virgenes/Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks areas a place to meet up to carpool and vanpool to work.
The facility is located at 31107 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard and includes landscaping, irrigation improvements, lighting, and new access roads.
The lot was fully paid for with Measure R sales tax funds for Highway Operational Improvements and is a great example of how the Measure R transportation sales tax brings mobility benefits to freeway commuters.