- August 18,2017 – 1st disbursement 30% (for students with Satisfactory Academic Progress of Good or New)
- September 22,2017 – 2nd disbursement 30%
- October 27,2017 – 3rd disbursement 40%
- December 8, 2017 – Make-up disbursement.
- January 26, 2018 – 1st disbursement 30%
- February 23, 2018 – 2nd disbursement 30%
- March 23, 2018 – Make-up disbursement
- April 27, 2018 3rd disbursement 40%
- May 11, 2018 –Final Make-up disbursement.
- June 1, 2018 – 1st disbursement 50%
- June 22, 2018 – 2nd disbursement 50%
Cal Grant will be paid in two disbursements per year. Half of the award during Fall and the remaining half during Spring
- September 29, 2017 – Regular disbursement
- November 17, 2017 – Make-up disbursement
- March 9, 2018 – Regular disbursement
- TBD – Make-up disbursement
|0-5.5 units (Less than Half-time)||Not Eligible|
|6-8.5 units (Half-Time)||50%|
|9-11.5 units (Three Quarter-Time)||75%|
|12+ units (Full time)||100%|
|*Eligibility is based on enrolled units at the time of disbursement preparation. Late start classes do not count until the class begins.|
Loans will be paid in two disbursements per semester.
- October 13, 2017 first half of loan disbursement
- November 3, 2017 second half of loan disbursement
- March 16, 2018 first half of loan disbursement
- May 4, 2018 – second half of loan disbursement
Before receiving a disbursement, you must have a completed file and do the following:
- You must ensure that all requirements have a Satisfied (S) Status showing on AccessRIO
- You must enroll and take part in classes
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
Awards are posted on AccessRIO. You will receive a disbursement notification email via RioMail.
The disbursement amount is based upon the number of units that you are currently registered and attending. If you drop units, your disbursement amounts may be affected.
All disbursements are credited to your student account first to cover any tuition you still owe. Any remaining amount is disbursed to the account you have selected as your refund preference .
Rio Hondo provides it’s Financial Aid disbursements electronically via Bank Mobile Disbursements. You will receive your refund selection kit in the mail at your primary address on file with RHC. Students who submit a FAFSA AND show enrollment at RHC will automatically receive a refund selection kit in the mail. The refund selection kit does NOT mean you are eligible for financial aid nor will funds automatically be made available. Follow the instructions in the refund selection kit to set up your refund preference as soon as possible to prevent delays in any aid you may be eligible for.
First funds from your grant or loan are applied to your student account. Then RHC verifies the information. Finally, it is sent electronically to Bank Mobile. It is then processed by Bank Mobile and disbursed according to your delivery preference.
Bank Mobile sends you an email to address you entered when you set up your refund preferences to let you know when the funds are disbursed. You can also check your status online at Bank Mobile or sign up to receive text message alerts.