Why Join Honors?
Smaller class sizes, priority consideration for transfer to select schools, access to a specialized counselor and more.
Who is Honors For?
The Honors Program is for new and current Rio Hondo students who are motivated and have plans to transfer to a four-year university.
As an Honors student, you’ll not only receive the personal support of a motivated and transfer-oriented community, but you’ll also benefit from these exclusive opportunities:
- Access to Honors counseling appointments.
- Priority registration after you complete two (2) Honors for the next available term
- Personalized honors counseling
- Smaller classes, more direct contacts with your instructors
- RHC’s best students as your classmates
- Challenging course work to help you prepare for upper division courses
- Library privileges to several University of California libraries
- Participation in the Student Research Conference
- Priority consideration for transfer to these schools:
- UCLA TAP (Transfer Alliance program)
- UC Irvine
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Cruz
- California State University Fullerton
- California State University Long Beach
- California State University Poly Pomona
- California State University San Diego
- Whittier College
- Loyola Marymount
- Pomona College
- Pitzer College
- University of La Verne
- Whitman College (Washington)
- Pacific University (Oregon)
- Chapman University
- Amherst College (Massachusetts)
- Connecticut College
- Occidental College
- Tufts University (Massachusetts)
- Trinity College (Connecticut)
- Wheaton College (Massachusetts)