MyPrint – Use the Library’s MyPrint for Computer Printing
Black/White Printouts are 10 cents per Page
To begin: you must know your AccessRio username and password. For a streamlined experience you will need to have a credit/debit card or PayPal account. Cash only students and community users will need to go the Circulation Desk to buy a MyPrint “card”. The MyPrint “cards” are sold in $1 increments. Before you send a document to the printer:
- Know your AccessRio login and password.
- Go to https://myprint.riohondo.edu
- Use your AccessRio username and password to login to your MyPrint account.
- Add money to your MyPrint account from your credit/debit or PayPal account. Select “Add Credit” on left of the screen.
- Send your document to the printer – Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Retrieve your printout in Library Copy Center near the Circulation Desk.
- Use your AccessRio username and password at the release station (the PC in the copy center).
- Questions? See a librarian at the Reference Desk.
- Also see:
What do I need to make photocopies?
- A copy card. This is available from a card machine located in the Copy Center.
- The photocopiers do NOT take coin change. A copy card is needed for all photocopying in the library.
How do I purchase a copy card?
- You will need a $1 bill to purchase a card. The card costs $.50 cents and you get $.50 of photocopying with the first dollar.
- At the card dispenser, press “1″ and insert the dollar in the slot with the green flashing lights. Keep the card. You can add $$ to the card at any time at the dispenser.
- Insert the card with the phrase “CASH CARD” away from you into the card machine.
I need a dollar bill. Where can I get change?
- Change is available at the Circulation Desk.
How much does photocopying cost in the library?
- Black and white copies are $.10 per page.
- Color copies are $1 per page.
- The library cannot be responsible for lost cards.
- If in doubt about directions for the photocopier, ask for assistance.
- The library cannot refund any money for completed copies.
- Check the settings for the number and types of copies you request from the photocopier before copying.
- In the event of photocopies malfunction, please see a Reference Librarian or Circulation Desk Staff member for information and assistance.