|Printing from the Workstations|
Printing and Photocopying FAQs:
What do I need to print or make photocopies?
- A copy card. This is available from a card machine located in the Copy Center
- The printer/photocopiers do NOT take coin change. A copy card is needed for all printing and photocopying in the library.
How do I purchase a copy card?
- You will need a $1 bill to purchase a card. The card costs $.50 cents and you get $.50 of printing/photocopying with the first dollar.
- At the card dispenser, press “1″ and insert the dollar in the slot with the green flashing lights. Keep the card. You can add $$ to the card at any time at the dispenser.
- Insert the card with the word “MULTI CARD” away from you into the card machine.
I need a dollar bill. Where can I get change?
- Change is available at the Circulation Desk.
How much does printing and photocopying cost in the library?
- Black and white copies and prints are $.10 per page.
- Color copies and prints are $1 per page.
- The library cannot be responsible for lost cards.
- If in doubt about directions for the printer/photocopier, ask for assistance.
- The cannot refund any money for completed copies
- Check the settings for the number and types of copies you request from the photocopier before beginning to copy.
- In the event of printer/photocopies malfunction, please see a Reference Librarian or Circulation Desk Staff member for information and assistance.
Print from a library computer
4) Put in your password, confirm it, and hit “Send.”
5) When you’re ready, go to the Copy Center (next to the Circulation Desk) to pay for your print job. Go to the Release Station (a PC) on the counter inside and insert your copy card (available from the dispenser in the room) into the card reader next to the release station. The amount of money on it will show up in the “Amount Tendered” box on the right of the screen.
Click on your print job. The total cost of printing it will show under “Total.”
Note that if it is more than the amount on your copy card, it will not allow you to print!
5) Now pick a printer at the bottom. “Copy Center B/W1” will be the machine on your left, “Copy Center B/W2” will be on your right. Either one will print your document in black and white. For color prints, it will print to the Color Copy Machine (the one furthest from the door). In that case, though, it will only show that one choice.
Now click the “Start Printing” button. A small pop-up will ask you for your password. Enter it here and press “OK.”
To print from your device wirelessly, first go to this website: http://vendprint880:9090 You will see the following page: Enter your email address, the name of the file you wish to print or an URL (web address) if it’s a webpage, and choose your printer, black and white or color. Now simply press “Print.” You will now go to this page You can either print more documents, or simply way. When it says “Completed” instead of “Processing” Then head to the Copy Center to print it off as above (except without a password). Like printing from the student workstations, it’s ten cents per page for black & white, one dollar a page for color. Printing is limited to pdfs, Microsoft Office files, and web pages, and you can not choose which pages to print – it’s all or nothing. Please remember that unlike printing on the workstations, there is no password, so be careful when printing personal items as anyone could print them off.
As with printing, Black & White copies are 10 cents per page. Color copies are $1 per page. You are required to have a Copy Card for all photocopying. It can be purchased from the copy card dispenser inside the Copy Center for one dollar (bills only).
- Go to the dispenser.
- Press “1″ for new copy cards.
- Insert your dollar in the machine.
The dispenser will now eject a card for you. The card will come with 50 cents worth of value on it, or the equivalent of five black & white copies. You may add value to your card at any time, though we recommend not adding too much value in case the card is lost.
- Insert the card into the dispenser. It will show how much is currently on your card.
- Add as many bills as you wish. The machine will display how much is now on your card.
- When finished, press “#” to eject the card.
Should you need change for large bills or bills for coins, it can be acquired at the Circulation Desk. Now that you have your card, take it to a copy machine and insert it into the box on top. The box will show the amount on your card and the Start button on the copy machine will light up blue. You can now copy. Though the machines are capable of many things, we recommend the simplest settings when copying as to avoid problems.
- Place the item to be copied on the upper-left corner of the glass.
- If it is larger than 8.5 x 11 and you wish to ensure all of it is on one page, make sure the “Zoom” box on the copy machine display says “Auto.” This will cause the machine to automatically shrink what it is copying in order to fit it on an 8.5 x 11 page. You can also manually choose a zoom amount, should you want a precise reduction instead.
- If you are making more than one copy of that item, enter the number of copies now. However, it defaults to one, so you do not need to do anything if you only wish one copy.
- Press the “Start” button. Your copy will come out below the copying area.
If you have a large number of 8.5 x 11 pages to copy, you can put them in the sorter on top rather than copy them one at a time from the glass. However, this can cause jams that will damage your originals, so we do not recommend it. If you have any questions about two-sided copying, or multiple pages on each copy, please ask at the Circulation Desk. Note that a single, two-sided copy will cost the same (20 cents) as two one-sided copies.