I need to use a computer to complete an assignment. How do I reserve a computer in the Library?
First Time – Create your login:
- Press “To Reserve a Computer” button
- Enter your Student ID as your login or – if your are not a student – your Driver’s License or California ID Number.
- Enter a password – make sure you can remember it!
- Press “OK”
- A pop-up will now tell you “Please Re-Enter Password to Verify your ID” – you’re now ready to reserve a computer.
- Press “To Reserve a Computer” button.
- Enter your Student ID (or DL or CID) on the popup
- Enter your password
- Press “OK”
- Press the “Accept” or “Cancel” button when the pop-up of the computer number appears.
- Go to the workstation assigned to you
- Click on the login button and enter your login & password.
If all the computers are reserved, your reservation will be for the next available computer – watch the TV display!
What if I run out of time to complete my assignment?
If you need additional time, ask for assistance from a Reference librarian.
I am finished early, what should I do? Do I need to log out?
If time remains on your computer reservation, please end your reservation. Other students will often be waiting for your computer.
How do I log off?
Click on the button on the “Vendprint Session Timer” that says “Click HERE to END Session.”
Please do not turn off the computer, do not log off of the computer, do not simply turn off the monitor.
None of these actually ends your session – and all merely make the next person have to wait longer to use the computer.