I need to use a computer to complete an assignment. How do I reserve a computer in the Library?
To Use a Computer:
- Walk up to any unused computer
- Enter your AccessRio login and password on the screen
- Hit “Enter” or click on the arrow
- You now have the computer for a set amount of time.
If all the computers are in use, you can reserve the next available one.
- Go to the Reservation Station, next to the Reference Desk
- Log in with your AccessRio login and password
- It will show you a list of all the computers and their current usage
- Choose “Quick Booking” at the top of the screen
- You only need to pick the Duration, then click “Find”
- It will show you a computer you can use. Click “Yes” then “Finish”
- Go to “My Bookings” and will show you all the information about your reservation.
- When the computer is free, you can log on to it.
What if I run out of time to complete my assignment?
If you need additional time, ask for assistance from a Reference librarian.
I am finished early, what should I do? Do I need to log out?
If time remains on your computer reservation, please end your reservation. Other students will often be waiting for your computer.
How do I log off?
Click on the yellow “Log Off” button in the upper right of the screen.
Please do not turn off the computer, lock it, or simply turn off the monitor.
None of these actually ends your session – and all merely make the next person have to wait longer to use the computer.