In collaboration with the Chancellor’s Office, districts and colleges will identify specific goals for student success and report their progress towards meeting these goals in a public and transparent manner.
Requirements for implementation:
- The Chancellor’s Office, in consultation with the internal and external stakeholders, will establish an overarching series of statewide goals, with districts and individual colleges prioritizing these goals and establishing strategies that address local considerations.
- In order to focus attention on closing persistent equity gaps, these goals will include sub-goals by race/ethnicity.
- The Chancellor’s Office will implement robust accountability reporting (via a publicly understandable “scorecard” per recommendation 7.3), which will include progress made on intermediate measures of student success as well as completion outcomes.
- To the extent possible, implementation of this recommendation will rely on existing ARCC measures. When additional data elements are needed to support the goal setting function, consideration will be given to which other data elements can be retired to offset the new reporting requirements placed on districts.
- Implementation of recommendation 7.1 is critical to ensuring that local goals are aligned with state and system-wide measures of student success and that accountability “scorecards” are implemented in an effective way.