WHAT IS FLEX?
The faculty obligation to engage in professional development each semester. Title V allows community colleges “flexibility” with the 175-day instructional calendar to enable participation in activities related to staff, student and instructional improvement. Rio Hondo has negotiated a 168-day calendar, with an additional 7 days required for FLEX activities. The exact number of hours required each semester is based on a faculty member’s instructional load.
FLEX Reporting Deadlines
Fall Semester (Part-time faculty only) – December 1st
Spring Semester (All Full & Part Time faculty) – May 1st
Via our online system, FLEX Reporter, faculty have 24-7 access to:
- view their FLEX obligation
- verify what they’ve been credited for
- submit individual plans and activities they have completed for approval
Note that on campus group activities are input by the FLEX Office following receipt of a sign-in sheet. Click here for FLEX Reporter instructions-FLEX Reporter Instructions-f13
To ensure your planned activities can count for FLEX, review our Pre-approved FLEX Activities Lists.
Helpful FLEX Resources
- FLEX Instructional Calendar – OFFICIAL FLEX CALENDAR 2013
- FLEX Day Agenda & Workshops – S15 agddft – final & S15 Wrksp desc – final
- FLEX FAQs- 10 FAQs – 2014
For assistance or questions on FLEX Reporting, contact Teresa Martinez @ 463-3210 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org