Sign-Up Now for our Winter Teaching For Learning Institute!
“Enhancing Basic Skills across the Disciplines: A Day of Sharing Best Practices”
January 27th, 2015, 8:30-3:00, LR 128
Join colleagues for interactive sessions focused on
- Moving beyond Student Myopia to Fuller Engagement
- Developing and Using Rubrics to Enrich Faculty- Student Communication
- Crafting Assignments and Activities to Deepen Student Understanding
Facilitated by Marilyn Elkins & Alison Taufer
RSVP to Katie O’Brien today!
Faculty my receive FLEX or may apply for a Title V Stipend by clicking Stipend App W15 – TFLI
Teaching For Learning Institute (TFLI) Offerings
Rio Hondo’s Title V Grant has supported the establishment of a “Teaching For Learning Institute” aimed at providing faculty development opportunities that promote student success through:
- One time Instructional Development workshops led by colleagues
- 1-2 Full Day Instructional Development Institutes facilitated by off campus experts
- Ongoing Technology Training offered in conjunction with Information Technology
- Support to enhance the quality of SLOs
- Creation of “TFLI” Resources
Faculty may earn Title V funded stipends for professional development projects related to fulfilling grant objectives such as:
- Providing collegial training to fellow faculty via workshops and/or creation of learning modules and materials
- Attending TFLI or other professional development sessions and updating curriculum and/or SLOs to enhance student success
- Participating in technology training and enhancing the use of technology in hybrid/online and/or in person courses
A compendium of resources to assist faculty in meeting one or more of the grant objectives is currently being developed. Be on the lookout for an announcement in the spring 2015 semester on when this will be accessible.