Important Drop Dates for Summer 2018
You will be dropped from ALL your classes if you owe more than $450 and are not exempt before each Common Drop Date. This includes any added or waitlisted classes. Pay online via AccessRIO by 11 p.m. or in person at the Admissions Payment Window before the drop deadline.
- May 15, 2018 (Tues) –Common Drop Date (at 11 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
- May 29, 2018 (Tues) –Common Drop Date (at 11 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
It is your responsibility to ensure your schedule is correct (adds, drops and fees owed) prior to the semester start, before the add/drop deadlines or if you will no longer continue to attend a class. Failure by you to officially drop classes will result in enrollment fees being placed on your record for which you are financially responsible as well as failing grades on your college transcript.
Drop for Non-Payment Procedure
Prior to the start of registration each term, Rio Hondo College will publish its Common Drop Dates.
Students must clear ALL prior debts and holds before their registration date. All classes will be dropped for students who have not paid their enrollment fees by 11 p.m. of EACH Common Drop Date.
Students receive an email via RioMail the day before each Common Drop Date if they have a debt and are in jeopardy of being dropped.
Students in any of the groups listed below without any prior debt or holds will be exempt from the Drop for Non-Payment procedure.
- BOGW eligible – and verified for current semester
- Dream Act/AB540 application on file
- Veterans – as identified for priority registration
- Scholarship recipients – as of date RHC notifies student of award
- Third party payment recipients – with contract on file in Accounting
- Any student with a current debt less than $450
- Rio Hondo Promise eligible – and verified for current semester
Students with extreme financial hardship who cannot pay before the first Common Drop Date may submit a Petition for Exemption from Drop for Non-Payment. Petitions are due no later than 5 p.m. on May 7, 2018. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.