Important Drop Dates for Fall 2014
You will be dropped from ALL your classes (this includes any added or waitlisted classes) if you owe more than $200 and are not exempt prior to each Common Drop Date. Pay online via AccessRIO by 11:45 p.m. or in person at the Admissions Payment Window prior to the drop deadlines.
- Aug 7, 2014 (Thurs) –1st Common Drop Date (at 11:45 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
- Aug 14, 2014 (Thurs) – 2nd Common Drop Date (at 11:45 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
- Aug 21, 2014 (Thurs) – 3rd Common Drop Date (at 11:45 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
- Aug 22, 2014 – Drop for Non-Payment stops. Students are responsible for all fees and dropping classes.
Drop for Non-Payment Procedure
Starting with the Spring 2014 registration, Rio Hondo College has revised the Drop for Non-Payment procedure. Prior to the start of each semester, there will now be only three Common Drop Dates.
Students must clear ALL prior debts and holds before their registration date. All classes will be dropped for students who have not paid their enrollment fees by 11:45 p.m. of EACH Common Drop Date. Registration will be closed at 11:15 p.m. on each of the Common Drop Dates. Students logging in after that time will be able to pay but will not be able to register until the next day.
A few days prior to the scheduled Common Drop Date, students are notified via RioMail if they have a debt and are in jeopardy of being dropped.
Students in any of the groups listed below without any prior debt or holds will be exempt from the Drop for Non-Payment procedure.
- BOGW eligible – and verified for current semester
- Veterans – as identified for priority registration
- Scholarship recipients – as of date RHC notifies student of award
- Third party payment recipients – with contract on file in Accounting
- Any student with a current debt less than $200
Students with extreme financial hardship who cannot pay prior to the first Common Drop Date may submit a Petition for Exemption from Drop for Non-Payment no later than 5 p.m. on July 28, 2014. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.