Important Drop Dates for Fall 2015
You will be dropped from ALL your classes if you are not exempt before the Common Drop Date. This includes any added or waitlisted classes. Pay online via AccessRIO by 11:45 p.m. or in person at the Admissions Payment Window before the drop deadline.
- August 4, 2015 (Tues) –Common Drop Date (at 11:45 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
- August 18, 2015 (Tues) –Common Drop Date (at 11:45 p.m.) includes all parts of term.
Drop for Non-Payment Procedure
Prior to the start of registration each term, Rio Hondo College will publish its Common Drop Dates.
Students must clear ALL prior debts and holds before their registration date. All classes will be dropped for students who have not paid their enrollment fees by 11:45 p.m. of EACH Common Drop Date. Registration closes at 11:15 p.m. on each of the Common Drop Dates. Students logging in after that time will be able to pay but will not be able to register until the next day.
Students receive an email via RioMail the day before each Common Drop Date if they have a debt and are in jeopardy of being dropped.
Students in any of the groups listed below without any prior debt or holds will be exempt from the Drop for Non-Payment procedure.
- BOGW eligible – and verified for current semester
- Veterans – as identified for priority registration
- Scholarship recipients – as of date RHC notifies student of award
- Third party payment recipients – with contract on file in Accounting
Students with extreme financial hardship who cannot pay before the first Common Drop Date may submit a Petition for Exemption from Drop for Non-Payment. Petitions are due no later than 5 p.m. on July 27, 2015. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.