Take Advantage of Campus Resources
- Library – research help, appointments, computers, study rooms
- Tutoring – free and available for multiple subjects
- Financial Aid and scholarship opportunities
- Student Health Services – for both physical and emotional well being
- Counseling – Meet with a counselor regularly to establish and refine goals
- Student Services programs – take advantage of personalized services to support your academic success
- Write down your long and short-term goals (personal and academic) and put them somewhere you can see
- Be realistic!
- Reward yourself when you reach a goal.
Network with Classmates
- Great for study groups, peer reviews, general help
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. —Henry Ford
Communicate and Meet with Your Instructor
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Meet with your instructor during his/her office hours
- Be honest-discuss any difficulties that may be interfering with your schoolwork
Budget Your Time/Be Disciplined
- Plan time to eat well-balanced meals
- Allow for enough time to study/complete assignments each week (general rule of thumb—3 hours of class=6 hours outside of class)
- Start EARLY!!
- Take Breaks
- Identify your biggest time wasters and find ways to reduce them (i.e. Facebook, TV, video games, hanging out with friends, etc.)
- Learn to say “no”