♦ Student Service Building Room SS150 ♦ Phone: (562)463-3117 ♦ Contact Us
Veteran Service Center Hours
Monday & Tuesday 8:00am-7:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Welcome to Rio Hondo’s Veterans Service Center. We are committed to assisting our Veterans and their dependents in a nurturing environment of caring and support needed in order to continue their educational endeavors. In order to assist with any challenges our Veterans may face, we are proud to provide a one-stop site where our staff specializes in Educational Counseling, Veteran Certification and Financial Aid. You have served us and now Rio Hondo is here to serve you.
NEW in the VSC
- Express Counseling- If you need just a quick meeting with our Veteran Counselor, Arely Castaneda to create an abbreviated Ed Plan or if you are new, and you do not have all your “official” transcripts in the system but would like to start your education, please come to the VSC office and arrange an express appointment. NOTE: For the first week of school, you will be seen on a drop-in basis and no appointments will be scheduled.
- Financial Aid- A dedicated Senior Financial Aid Advisor, Pat Malave who is also the new Certifying Official, will be processing all Veteran’s financial aid. If you have questions regarding your financial aid or need to turn in documents, please come straight to the VSC where Pat Malave will meet with you and process your file.
- Dedicated Phone Line- We have a new phone number dedicated to the Veteran’s only. The phone number is (562) 463-3117 which will connect you directly to the VSC.
- Drop off basket- When turning in your WIP or “yellow” registration card to continue your benefits, you only need to drop them off in the Drop off basket located by the door in VSC. They will be picked-up and processed at the end of the day.
- Math Tutor- The Veteran Service Center is proud to offer our Veteran’s a one-on-one Math tutor. Please come in if you need Math tutoring.
- Coffee Stop- Come and have a cup of coffee or a snack and all Veteran’s are welcomed to use the microwave oven.
- In order to be certified for Fall, Veterans must turn in Request for Certification in the VSC
- WIP- Work In Progress due at the end of every month for all chapters in order to keep certification ongoing.
Rio Hondo College Veteran Service Center Mission Statement:
The Veterans Service Center at Rio Hondo College is designed as a liaison between you as a veteran or dependents of a veteran and the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Veterans Service Center is equipped to assist you with the appropriate forms to process your claim for educational benefits. Rio Hondo College will forward all appropriate documents concerning the application for the usage of your benefits to the VA processing center located in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
We are here to promote academic and career success for veterans and their dependents.