Veteran Service Center Hours
Monday – Tuesday – 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday-Thursday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Veteran Service Center Location
♦ Student Service Building Room SS150 ♦ Phone: (562)463-3117 ♦ Contact Us
SPRING WIP DUE DATE 03/13/2017 – 03/17/2017
Welcome to Rio Hondo’s Veterans Service Center. We are committed to assisting our Veterans and their dependents in a nurturing environment of caring and support needed in order to continue their educational endeavors. In order to assist with any challenges our Veterans may face, we are proud to provide a one-stop site where our staff specializes in Educational Counseling, Veteran Certification and Financial Aid. You have served us and now Rio Hondo is here to serve you.
Take a Book/Give a Book-Please think of donating your book after the semester ends, to another Veteran.
Please click here to see what books we have available for Veteran’s use.
- SPRING WIPS – We have altered our WIP form as well as the procedures for WIPS. You will only need to turn in ONE WIP per semester. You will be given a full week to turn in the WIP. The date is 03/13/2017 – 03/17/2017. Because of the liberal change regarding the WIP, if it is not turned in by the end of the week, your units will be reduced with the VA. This will negatively affect your benefits. Remember, it is your responsibility to comply with this mandate and turn in WIP on time. If you are having difficulty obtaining your WIP, come to the office BEFORE they are due and speak with the Certifying Official.
- Scientific Calculators-The VSC has purchased a limited number of scientific calculators for lending. If you are required to have this by your instructor, please contact Tina Caldera in the VSC office, as she is the only one who can loan you the calculator.
- Official Transcripts– If you need to meet with a counselor to arrange for an abbreviated educational plan or comprehensive ed plan, you MUST have all your official transcripts received in our Admissions and Records department. Even if you did not receive any credit at the institution, we will still need the transcripts to be reviewed and evaluated.
- Supplies– We will be stocking our cabinet with school supplies such as pencils, pens, notebooks, scantron sheets, etc. Help yourself if you have the need.
- Math and English Tutor– The Veteran Service Center is proud to offer our Veteran’s a one-on-one Math and English tutor. Please come in if you need tutoring.
- In order to be certified for Fall, Veterans must turn in “Yellow Card” in the VSC
- WIP are only due ONCE a semester and you can turn in anytime during the week of 3/13/2017 – 3/17/2017
Rio Hondo College Veteran Service Center Mission Statement:
The Veterans Service Center at Rio Hondo College is designed as a liaison between you as a veteran or dependents of a veteran and the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Veterans Service Center is equipped to assist you with the appropriate forms to process your claim for educational benefits. Rio Hondo College will forward all appropriate documents concerning the application for the usage of your benefits to the VA processing center located in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
We are here to promote academic and career success for veterans and their dependents.