ALTERNATIVE FUELS/ADVANCED TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGY
Certificate of Achievement
This Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students and incumbent employees as Alternative Fuels/Advanced Transportation Technology specialists. Training is in theory and practical skills. Directed practical work is given in all fuel areas, Compressed and Biodiesel, under simulated on-the-job conditions. The program will provide the student the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and hand skills demanded of modern transportation specialists. The sequence in which courses are taken may be modified to meet the individual needs.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Upon successful completion of this course, students who complete the career path cartographically examine and assemble information for a target audience who would use the Alternative Fuel types.
- Regardless of career path, Private, Government or Fleet the Alternative Fuels A.S Degree or COA student obtains transferable credit to a university and points towards qualifying as a certified CSA Fuel Tank Inspector.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students are capable of describing applications in all nine Alternative Fuel areas, Compressed, Liquid, generated electrical and Bio diesel.
- Students will be able to access legal rules and regulations from a variety of resources (state and federal) providing the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and hand skills demanded of modern transportation specialists.
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to pass the safety requirements with complete knowledge of NFPA, CSA, CGA 6.4, and OSHA standards.
To acquire a Certificate of Achievement in Alternative Fuels & Advanced Transportation Technology, it is necessary to complete the following:
Advising Sheet: Alt Fuels & Adv Transp Tech COA 19-20