COMPUTER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Certificate of achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment as computer specialists in business-related programming computer applications.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Demonstrate basic computer literacy including input/output devices and MS Office Suite of applications.
- Students will be able to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills required by employers and four year universities in the computer information systems field.
- Students will be able to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Students will be able to design and write usable and effective computer programs that can be integrated into the user environment using modern high level languages.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, users and peers using both verbal and written communication tools.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and application software.
- Students will be able to identify the tasks of systems analysis and database design and use current technology necessary for computing practice.
To obtain a Certificate of Achievement in Computer Information Technology with the Computer Systems Option, it is necessary to complete the following core courses, and the required courses listed below:
Advising Sheet: CIT-Computer Systems COA 19-20