COMPUTER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment as computer specialists in business related programming computer applications.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Students will demonstrate basic computer literacy including input/output devices and MS Office Suite of applications.
- Students will be able to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills required by employers and four year universities in the computer information systems field.
- Students will be able to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Students will be able to design and write usable and effective computer programs that can be integrated into the user environment using modern high level languages.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, users and peers using both verbal and written communication tools.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and application software.
- Students will be able to identify the tasks of systems analysis and database design and use current technology necessary for computing practice.
To acquire the Associate of Science Degree in Information Systems with the Computer Systems Option, it is necessary to complete the graduation requirements of the college along with the following:
NOTE: Students interested in transferring as Computer Information Technology majors should consult with a counselor for
appropriate general education & major preparation counseling.
Major Advising Sheet: CIT-Computer Systems 20-21