ELECTRIC VEHICLE AND FUEL CELL
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE
DIVISION OF CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION
The Electric Vehicle and Fuel Cell Technology Technician Associate of Science Degree is designed to prepare students to meet the emerging field of service and diagnosis of vehicles powered by electricity generated by any of the following sources, plug-in electric/hybrid-powertrain/fuel cell generation. The green technology can be transferred from vehicles to stationary back-up power systems. Students will need to apply for ASE L-3 testing and pay all applicable fees to take the final ASE exam. This Degree is intended to be the capstone of the Hybrid/Electric/Fuel Cell program.
To acquire the Associate of Science Degree in Electric Vehicle and Fuel Cell Technology Technician, it is necessary to complete the graduation requirements of the College along with the courses listed in the curriculum tab.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will demonstrate personal and shop safety procedures pertaining high pressure hydrogen gas and high-voltage storage.
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will demonstrate the precautions needed to safely work with high voltage systems.
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will demonstrate acquired knowledge related to the components used on modern Hybrid / Electronic vehicle/Fuel Cell vehicle.
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will demonstrate familiarity with reference materials such as schematics, flow charts, logic trees, and workshop manuals to aid in battery system troubleshooting.
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will demonstrate the electrical and computer skills required to repair and maintain Hybrid / Electronic/Fuel Cell vehicles
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will be qualified to achieve the L-3 ASE certification.
- Upon successful completion of this degree, the student will pass the Department of Transportation Hydrogen First Responder certification.
Major Advising Sheet: Electric Vehicle and Fuel Cell Technology Technician 20-21
|AUTO 106||Automotive Electrical Tools & Diagnostic Procedures||3|
|AUTO 147||*Introduction to Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Technology||3|
|AUTO 157||*Automotive Specialized Electronics Training||4|
|AUTO 260||*Advanced Hybrid / Electric Vehicle||4|
|AUTO 265||Fuel Cell Technology Fundamentals||4|
|ELEC 100||D.C and A.C Fundamentals||3|
|ELEC 101||*D/C Electronic Circuits and Devices||4|
|ELEC 102||*A/C Electronic Circuits and Devices||4|
Units Required: 29
All of the courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.