WILDLAND FIRE TECHNOLOGY
Certificate of ACHIEVEMENT
The Certificate of Achievement in Wildland Fire Technology offers the required courses and learning domains for students to apply for employment with wildland firefighting agencies such as the United States Forest Service, California Department of Forestry, United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, as well as municipal fire departments.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- Safely manipulate wild land fire tools, including shovel, Pulaski, and McLeod.
- Recall the 10 Standard Firefighting Orders.
- Deploy a fire shelter.
- Demonstrate proper use of the following tools and equipment: back pump, fuses, and backfire torch.
- Safely function within an Incident Command System environment.
- Assess impacts of fuel, weather, and topography on wild land fire behavior.
To acquire the Certificate of Achievement in Wildland Fire Technology, it is necessary to complete the following:
Advising Sheet Wildland Fire Technology COA 20-21