The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides financial support and resources to California community colleges to assist students currently working in group programs in the early childhood field to meet the educational requirements of Child Development Permits. Click here for information regarding Child Development Permits. Scholarships are funded during Fall and Spring semester but also cover Intersession and Summer courses.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for financial support from the CDTC Scholarship program:
- At the time of enrollment, students must be employed (full or part time – not as a substitute or volunteer) by a licensed child care/development program, including infants, toddlers, young children, family child care and/or working with kindergarten children in the classroom or school care program – licensed or exempt. Unlicensed religious programs do not qualify.
- Students must work directly with children in a group program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in Child Development classes and/or general education classes at Rio Hondo College to apply for funding. All courses qualify except Physical Education and remedial courses. Courses must be completed with a grade of at least a “C” in order to receive scholarship funding.
Scholarships awards are not loans, but money to help students continue in their education and to support eligible students to apply for their Child Development Permits. Students on financial aid and students whose employer pays for their educational costs are also eligible.
FALL SEMESTER 2019 CHECKS BEING PROCESSED!!
Changes To The Distribution of Child Development Training Consortium Checks
- The Rio Hondo College Cashier’s Office will no longer hold Child Development Training Consortium Checks for student pick up.
- Funds will be posted directly to student RHC accounts.
- Make sure Rio Hondo has your current address including apartment or unit number to insure that you will receive your check.
- If a student owes any fees to Rio Hondo these fees will be deducted from your check amount before it is processed.
- If you have BankMobile, funds will be available through your BankMobile account.
- If you do not have BankMobile, a refund check will be mailed to the address provided to Admissions and Records.
Campus closures will influence how quickly the checks will be processed!
SPRING SEMESTER 2020 APPLICATION PROCESS NOW CLOSED!!
- Once your grades are available for Spring 2020 email your Unofficial Transcripts to Dr. Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks can’t be issued until the information for all students is received. Please email Dr. Moe even if you applied for one class and did not receive at least a “C” for that class.
- The 2019 – 2020 Student Evaluation must be completed before picking up scholarship award. The evaluation link is located under the “Student Profile Application” link on the website.
- FUNDS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED UNTIL AT LEAST MIDTERM OF FALL 2020 SEMESTER! You can check the status of the process at the Rio Hondo Child Development Training Consortium web page.
Communication regarding the scholarship will be sent to you by email from Dr. Sondra Moe at email@example.com