The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides financial support and resources to California community colleges to assist students currently working in group programs in the early childhood field to meet the educational requirements of Child Development Permits. Click here for information regarding Child Development Permits. Scholarships are funded during Fall and Spring semester but also cover Intersession and Summer courses.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for financial support from the CDTC Scholarship program:
- At the time of enrollment, students must be employed (full or part time – not as a substitute or volunteer) by a licensed child care/development program, including infants, toddlers, young children, family child care and/or working with kindergarten children in the classroom or school care program – licensed or exempt. Unlicensed religious programs do not qualify.
- Students must work directly with children in a group program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in Child Development classes and/or general education classes at Rio Hondo College to apply for funding. All courses qualify except Physical Education and remedial courses. Courses must be completed with a grade of at least a “C” in order to receive scholarship funding.
Scholarships awards are not loans, but money to help students continue in their education and to support eligible students to apply for their Child Development Permits. Students on financial aid and students whose employer pays for their educational costs are also eligible.
SPRING/INTERSESSION 2019 APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
DUE ASAP or no later than Friday, February 22. 2019.
Submit to Dr. Moe, CDTC Coordinator in the Rio Hondo Child Development Center Office or Division Office A221.
- Go to the following web page https://www.childdevelopment.org/cs/student/login
- If this is your first application, select the “Create Account” link and fill out the information on the form (this will allow you to access your Student Profile in future semesters).
- If you are a returning applicant, enter your login and password.
- Select the “Add a Student Profile”
- Enter your personal information or update the “My Personal Information” by selecting “Edit “ if necessary.
As you complete the form remember to:
- Use capital letters: for the first letter of your first and last name, street and city, name of classes, and all other appropriate areas.
- Example: Pat Lopez, Workman Road, Whittier, ECE Curriculum , CD 110
- Your telephone number should look like this (562) 232-2562 (spaces between the numbers). Not like this 5622322562
- *Provide an accurate email address that you check regularly. Communication regarding the scholarship will be sent by email from email@example.com.
Section B – Enter Child Development and general education courses that you are enrolled in currently and/or completed during Intersession Semester 2019.
- MAKE SURE TO TYPE IN THE DEPARTMENT AND COURSE NUMBER IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN
- THE NAME OF THE COURSE IN THE NEXT COLUMN
- NEXT THE COURSE CRN Numbers (found on your class schedule) in the column titled “Section #”
- course instructor
- the number of units.
- Total all of your units for Intersession and Spring.
Section C – WAIT TO CLICK ON “SUBMIT TO COORDINATOR” UNTIL YOU MAKE SURE ALL OF THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT!
- Fill out your employment information.
- REMEMBER-NO abbreviations or acronyms will be accepted in Section C.
- Select the “Save” button on the bottom of the form.
- To print the form select the “Download and print the PDF version”
- Check with your supervisor to make sure that what you typed in is correct.
- If the information is not correct you can adjust it by going back to the web site clicking “Edit” and type in the correct information before you print the form to have your supervisor complete and sign.
- Once the form is correct, print it out, and take it to your supervisor to; print her/his name (legible), title, sign the form and add their phone number and date.
When the form is complete and accurate select the “Save” button on the bottom of the form. Print both pages and secure your employer’s signature.
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION to the Campus Coordinator: The application deadline is ASAP or no later than Friday, February 22. 2019.
- Before leaving the website send the Student Profile to Dr. Moe by clicking on “Submit to CDTC Campus Coordinator’s Review”
- Select “Yes” to send to Dr. Moe. (Note: you will no longer be able to edit your profile after sending) and then click “Submit”.
- Submit a printed version of the Student Profile Application stapled in the following order within an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope:
- Two page Student Profile Application with Supervisor signature, name and title.
- Student Scholarship Invoice just fill in the boxed section. Do not sign it yet. You will do that when you pick up your check. Spring Invoice19
- A copy of your student CLASS SCHEDULE for Spring Semester 2019 and final grades for Intersession 2019, if you attended.
- Submit your application papers to Dr. Moe, CDTC Campus Coordinator in her box in the Child Development Center office or the Division Office A221.
Once your grades are available for Spring 2019 email your Unofficial Transcripts to Dr. Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks can’t be issued until the information for all students is received. Please email Dr. Moe even if you applied for one class and did not receive at least a “C” for that class.
The 2018 – 2019 Student Evaluation must be completed before picking up scholarship award. The evaluation link is located under the “Student Profile Application” link on the website.
FUNDS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED UNTIL AT LEAST MIDTERM OF FALL SEMESTER! You can check the status of the process at the Rio Hondo Child Development Training Consortium web page.
THE FALL/SUMMER 2018 APPLICATION PERIOD HAS NOW ENDED
Communication regarding the scholarship will be sent to you by email from Dr. Sondra Moe at email@example.com.
- All grades for Fall 2018 applicants must be submitted by email using Unofficial Transcripts to Dr. Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Checks can’t be issued until the information for all students is received. Please email Dr. Moe even if you applied for one class and did not receive at least a “C” for that class.
- The 2018 – 2019 Student Evaluation must be completed before picking up scholarship award.
- The evaluation link is located under the “Student Profile Application” link on the website.
- FUNDS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED UNTIL AT LEAST MIDTERM OF SPRING SEMESTER! You can check the status of the process at the Rio Hondo Child Development Training Consortium web page.
INTERSESSION AND SPRING 2018 STATUS:
Checks were available for pick up at the Rio Hondo Cashier’s Office beginning Monday September 17th. Remember to bring a picture ID.