Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE)
The CWEE program is designed to help you relate your college courses to your career goals. CWEE is a three-way partnership between the student, the college, and the employer. CWEE is designed to “Connect College to Careers” by combining academic study and meaningful work experience that result in earning elective credit, developing marketable skills and preparing for a successful career. An internship involves completing documented measurable workplace objectives and career related assignments to earn college credit. Internships may be paid or unpaid.
- Students gain “Hands-On” Work Experience
- Learn to apply Classroom Theory to the Real Workplace
- Develop Workplace Skills
- Work as a Paid or Unpaid Intern to jumpstart your career OR you can even use your current job.
- Receive 1-4 units of college credit.
- Students may earn CSU transferable elective units for paid or non-paid positions.
- Students may earn elective units toward his/her Associate Degree.
Participation for Eligibility
You must be enrolled at Rio Hondo College
CWEE is a repeatable course. Please contact the CTE office for details
NOTE: You must have a Job/Internship in order to register for this course. This course does not provide internship positions.
The CWEE office is located in Technology Building B – Room T123.