For your convenience, Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS) offers an alternative testing location for students with disabilities who require academic adjustments . This is to assist the instructor with the legally mandated responsibility to provide alternative testing locations and accommodations for students with disabilities.
Testing accommodations may include, but are not limited to, extended time, distraction-reduced environment, assistive technology, reader and/or scribe, as necessary. For students to take their exams in the DSPS Office, the following conditions apply:
- Students are required to schedule appointments to take their exams in the DSPS department at least 3 business days in advance. This will allow DSPS staff to provide a testing room and appropriate personnel to proctor.
- Exams may be emailed as an attachment to email@example.com, dropped off at the DSPS office by the professor, or sent through campus mail DSPS does not recommend using campus mail unless absolutely necessary due to possible delays. All tests must include a Testing-Transmittal PDF https://riohondo0.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/DSPS-Testing/EVGg2wjpJY1FlxjEy_llnnEBCw3AB_keKnRGmF_-wH4r3Q?e=YQnwaA (Change out these links for new exam transmittal links) If you are having difficulty filling out or saving the PDF, directions are available here. PDF Troubleshooting
Faculty is required to fill out the Examination Transmittal form, to outline specific instructions for the exam to be administered. Please provide detailed information and a contact phone number in the event you need to be reached.
4. If a test arrives in the DSPS office without written instructions from the professor, DSPS staff will attempt to contact the professor by telephone or email to obtain instructions. If this is not successful, the student will be sent to locate the professor either in the classroom or in their office to obtain written instructions. If contact is not made with the instructor, proctoring the exam may not be possible until a completed examination transmittal is provided.
5. DSPS staff will proctor all exams in the DSPS Office.
6. Completed exams and quizzes will be sealed in an envelope and will either be delivered or held in the DSPS locked file cabinet until the professor picks up the exam as per the instructions on the Testing Transmittal. For Pop Quizzes please call our office to make prior arrangements so we can accommodate the student.
We appreciate your cooperation and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call our office at (562) 908-3420 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. SPECIAL SCHEDULING: In programs where the date and time of exam administration is critical, faculty may coordinate scheduling issues directly with the DSPS Director who will work with DSPS test proctors to ensure resource availability.