Earn your certificate or associate of science degree in Heavy Equipment Technology and work doing what you love!
Start your new career now!
Submit your information and a counselor will contact you with next steps!
Top companies are hiring Rio Hondo College graduates to work with heavy equipment statewide. Learn to inspect, diagnose and repair construction and heavy equipment like bulldozers, forklifts and backhoe loaders. Work as a professional mechanic and technician in both field and/or shop environments. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Earn your certificate in Heavy Equipment Technology on your schedule.
- Convenient morning and evening classes
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify
- Hands-on training from experienced professionals and instructors
- Job experience and paid internships offered after first year
- Career placement assistance with our industry partners
Get specialized training in:
- Heavy Equipment Diesel Engines
- Electrical and Fuel Systems
- Heating and Ventilation Systems
- Understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
- Disassemble, repair, reassemble and test heavy equipment systems
- Operate, inspect and perform heavy equipment periodic maintenance
Careers available with:
- Cities and Counties
- Private Companies
- Or start your own business