The Associate of Science Degree in Environmental Science prepares students who are intending to transfer to a four-year institution in the environmental sciences. This degree provides for completion of general lower-division course work associated with the requirements for a bachelor degree in environmental science, environmental studies, environmental and occupational health, etc. The degree is specifically designed for students intending to transfer to a CSU or UC campus and to gain entry-level employment in the environmental science field. Students completing the degree will take specific courses in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics in addition to general education preparation such as the CSU general education plan or IGETC.
To earn the Associate of Science Degree in Environmental Science, it is necessary to complete the graduation requirements of the Colege along with the following courses:
- BIOL 120 Environmental Biology
- BIOL 120L Environmental Biology Lab
- BIOL 200 Principles of Biology I
- CHEM 130 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 140 General Chemistry II
- ET 290 Cooperative Work Experience/Internship for Environmental Technology Related Fields
- MATH 190/190H Calculus I
- PHY 150 General Physics I
For more information about the AS degree in Environmental Science, click here.