The Center for Biological Physics in collaboration with the department of physics at Rio Hondo College has created an opportunity for RHC students to work on original research in soft condensed matter and biological physics in collaboration with UCLA faculty.
There are research opportunities to work in theory, simulation, and experiment in the following areas:
1) Physical virology
2) Neural dynamics
3) The mechanics of the cytoskeleton
4) Population dynamics and evolution
5) The mechanics of the cell nucleus
6) Single molecule biophysics
7) The nonlinear dynamics of hearing
For more information, contact Dr. Christian Vaca and visit The UCLA-Rio Hondo College Scientific Exchange Program.