Download the MESA-TRiO Application
Do not save this file on a public computer as it will contain confidential, personal information.
Please make sure the following is complete before submitting your application:
- Carefully read and respond to all questions on the application. Pay special attention to the Article of Commitment to understand the expectations and the requirements of the program once you are admitted.
- Complete your personal statement.
- Sign the application certifying that the information you have provided is correct. If you have any questions, or need assistance completing the application, please call or stop by the MESA Center.
- Attach signed copies of your federal income tax return from the last calendar year (form 1040, 1040-A, 1040-EZ). Federal tax transcripts must be submitted within 4 weeks of application. If you are less than 24 years-old, and you answer NO to all questions in STEP 1 on page 2, we will need your tax forms, as well as your parents’ tax forms. This page must be signed by all whose financial information is listed. If you already have an IRS Tax transcript please submit it, in lieu of the tax return. (To order a transcript go to: https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do)
- Attach unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. For Rio Hondo, you can print them from Access Rio.
- A limited number of spaces are available. You may be wait-listed after all available spaces are filled.
- Don’t procrastinate, turn the application in immediately.
- Your application cannot be processed until all the required information is submitted to our office. It is your responsibility to check with us about the status of your application. We will review your complete application within 3 business days. We will then notify you about the status of your application by email or telephone.
- If you are deemed to be a good candidate for admission to the program, we will contact you to schedule an appointment for a meeting with the director.
- You have 5 business days to respond to the request. If you do not contact us within that time, you may jeopardize your admission to the program for the current semester.