What is the Emerging Professionals in Psychology Cohort?
- A small group of students that take the required courses for the psychology transfer degree together.
- Students receive information regarding internships, careers, and transfer in the field of psychology
- Students are partnered with a faculty mentor
What are the program requirements?
- Students must have completed PSY 101 with a grade of “C” or better
- Students must be ready to take Math 070, Math 073, or higher upon entry into the program
- Students must be willing and able to meet during the required “Cohort Hour,” a specified hour, weekly, when workshops and events are held
- Students must meet with a counselor each semester
Past Cohort Events
- Faculty/student meet and greet
- Resume building workshop
- “How to land an internship” workshop
- Field trip to SPIRITT Family Services and Pacific Clinics
- Campus-wide workshop from the “Whole Child” clinic on careers in child development
- Presentation from a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Research Psychologist to discuss career pathways
Current cohort schedule
PSY 210: MW 11:15-12:40
PSY 112: MW 12:50-2:15
Cohort hour 2:30-3:30, Wednesdays
PSY 190: MW 9:00-11:05
PSY 200 MW 12:50-3:25
Cohort hour 3:30-4:30 Wednesdays
Cohorts run from Spring through Fall. Applications are accepted year round with deadlines in October each year. Students will be notified of their acceptance in November.
If you have any questions, please contact us.