The Administration of Justice Major focuses on administrative position of law enforcment and investigations. Here, you study the law applied to the criminal justice system and provides you the foundation of the Criminal Justice System. This degree can prepare you for a multitude of career paths such as…
- Law Enforcement
- Public Administration…and more!
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (SLO)
- Apply legal definitions, concepts, and principles to law enforcement, courts, or correctional settings.
- Communicate information in a clear and organized manner.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas encountered in the law enforcement and/or corrections fields and decide on the correct ethical choice.
- Apply constitutional, statutory, procedural, and case law to real-life criminal justice situations
- Adapt to the diverse and multicultural nature of American society in the criminal justice setting.
- Use the degree or certificate as a platform for a career in the criminal justice field or further study at a 4-year institution
This program is designed to be transferable or job oriented, depending on student need. Educational Requirements for each specific Degree and Certificate is listed below.
Courses noted in *astericks requires a prerequisite. Please consult with your counselor for an appropriate general education plan and major course requirement plan. Visit our Public Safety Guided Pathways website below for additional information and sample plans of your major.