Organizational Wellness – Officers Technical Aspects of Stress
Presenter: Nancy Bohl-Penrod, Ph.D.
This course is to assist with burning out. Will also show indicators of high risk behaviors. Importance of physical fitness and stress how it relates to the career.
Introductions, Class Overview
- Facilitator introduces themselves
- Brief history
- Summarize topics covered in the training
Dealing with COVID-19 and the Anti-law enforcement climate
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Stress defined
Students Answer: What are the signs and symptoms of stress?
- Top stressors in LE
- Stress increases different types of fatigue
- Burnout and Compassion fatigue
- Adrenal fatigue
- Critical Incident Stress
Students answer: What are examples of critical incidents?
Signs and symptoms of stress
- Physiological and psychological signs
- Substance abuse
- Sleep disturbances
- Post-traumatic Stress
- Ways to combat stress
- What to do when stressors surpass coping
Students will take and submit a 20 question assessment to ensure a basic understanding of concepts.