As a sub‐committee of the Academic Senate the Outcomes Committee is charged with several responsibilities, including developing of campus policy related to outcomes; providing guidance and support to faculty and other members of the campus community in the developing of outcomes for courses, programs, degrees, and the institution as a whole; reviewing outcomes to ensure a uniform, high‐level standard for assessment is practiced campus‐wide; and evaluating campus outcomes policies regularly to ensure current practices are relevant, meaningful, and linked to the program review process, College planning, and budgeting.
Faculty engagement on outcomes work is focused on course-level outcomes (CLOs), also known as Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and program-level outcome (PLOs).
- creating Outcomes
- mapping SLOs to program-level outcomes (PLOs) and institutional-level outcomes (ILOs)
- reporting and assessing outcomes work annually
- utilizing measure and findings information to revise coursework to better support student learning
- implement necessary changes or improvements within course materials, approaches, and resources
- assessing SLOs when revising courses during five year curriculum cycle
- analyzing PLOs during annual program plans and during the six year cycle Program Review cycle.
Faculty assess their Outcomes work within the College’s planning software TaskStream. TaskStream is utilized by Institutional Research and Planning for an integrated approach to Outcomes assessment and the planning process, including Program Plans and Program Reviews. Faculty may log in through Access Rio or the Institutional Research and Planning page here.
Institutional Level Outcomes
Program Level Outcomes
Student Learning or Course Level Outcomes
Service Area Outcomes
|Timelines and Cycles||Outcomes Goals, Progress, and Reports||Outcomes Minutes and Agendas|
|Faculty Support and Resources|
Questions regarding outcomes should be directed to Outcomes Committee Chair, Alyson Cartagena.