Outcomes Committee Members
|BSS 1||Kevin Barman|
|BSS 2||Mike Javanmard|
|Communications 1||Lisette Acevedo|
|Communications 2||Daniel Osman|
|Math 1||Shelly Spencer|
|Math 2||Mark Littrell|
|Public Safety||Scott Jaeggi|
|VPSS Designee||Rachel Garcia|
|Dean, IRP||Caroline Durdella|
|Dean, Library||Mike Garabedian (also serving as committee secretary)|
|SS Administrator||Shaina Phillips|
|AA Administrator||Vann Priest|
Outcomes Committee Meeting Dates
The Outcomes Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 2:30 PM in the KDA complex (PE) meeting room 118.
|August 16||FLEX Day TBA|
|January 24||FLEX Day TBA|
Outcomes Committee By-laws
As a sub‐committee of the Academic Senate, the Outcomes Committee, is charged with several responsibilities, including developing of campus policy related to outcomes; providing guidance and support to faculty and other members of the campus community in developing of outcomes for courses, programs, degrees, and the institution as a whole; reviewing of outcomes to ensure that a uniform, high‐level standard for assessment is practiced campus‐wide; and evaluating campus outcomes policies regularly to ensure that current practices are relevant, meaningful, and appropriately linked to the program review process, College planning, and budgeting.
The voting membership of the Outcomes Committee shall include the following:
- Outcomes Coordinator;
- Vice President, Academic Affairs, or designee;
- Vice President, Student Services, or designee;
- Dean of Institutional Research and Planning, or designee;
- Dean of Library and Instructional Support, or designee;
- Student Services Area Manager (1);
- Academic Division Dean (1);
- Two faculty members each from Communications and Languages, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Mathematics and Sciences Divisions, and CTE;
- One faculty member each from all remaining academic divisions (including one each from Library, Counseling, and DSPS);
- Each faculty member shall be elected by their division for a period of two years. One member will have a term that begins in an even numbered year and one member will have a term that begins in an odd numbered year. In the event that two faculty members are elected in the same year, the division shall determine which member will serve with a one‐year commitment, and which will serve for two years.
- Each member may be re‐elected to an indefinite number of terms.
- The term of each member shall commence with the start of the Fall semester.
- The committee chairperson shall be the Outcomes Coordinator.
- A member may volunteer to serve as committee secretary, and may be approved by unanimous consent of the committee. In the absence of a volunteer the responsibility for recording minutes for each meeting shall rotate from meeting to meeting among the members.
- Should one of the elected or permanent members be unable to fulfill their duties, an appropriate replacement will be elected.
- Meetings shall be called to order and action items addressed when a quorum exists. A quorum is defined as 50% of the membership, plus one. Meetings shall generally be scheduled on the third Tuesday of each month from 2:30-3:45 pm although additional meetings may be called by the Committee Chairperson when necessary.
- At the beginning of each meeting, minutes from the previous meeting shall be reviewed and amended if necessary. Minutes may be approved by the general consent of the membership; a formal motion is not required.
- The committee may, by majority vote, accept, reject or request modifications to proposals to ensure that policies are academically sound, consistent with campus procedures, and all Title V regulations.
- Substitutions of elected committee members are limited to members on extended leave or sabbatical leave: replacement members shall serve until the elected member returns or until the term of the elected member expires.
- Action items require two readings unless waived by the majority of committee members.
- Committee procedures and protocol shall generally follow Robert’s Rules of Order except when in conflict with the committee by‐laws; in such cases the procedures described in the by‐laws shall prevail.
- Any amendment to the By‐Laws may be made with a motion that passes by two‐thirds (2/3) vote of the membership and has two readings.
RHC Outcomes Committee – Duties of Members
- Inform divisions of deadlines and procedures, as needed.
- Report on outcomes‐related issues at division meetings.
- Assist division members in preparing outcomes‐related documents.
- Review committee agendas and minutes prior to meetings.
- Prepare minutes and submit them to the committee chairperson within two weeks (when assigned).
- Facilitate interaction between interested parties regarding outcomes‐related items, as needed.
- Make efforts to resolve to controversial items prior to meetings.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and represent the division’s positions and interests.
- Provide constructive feedback to members submitting outcomes‐related items in a respectful and courteous manner.