Faculty engagement with course-level outcomes (CLOs), also known as student-learning outcomes (SLOs), includes:
- creating SLOs;
- mapping SLOs to program-level outcomes (PLOs) and institutional-level outcomes (ILOs);
- reporting and assessing outcomes work annually;
- utilizing measure and findings information to revise coursework and support student learning;
- implement necessary changes or improvements within course materials, approaches, and resources;
- assessing SLOs during 5-year curriculum cycle linked to course revision.
SLO data is collected and analyzed annually and linked with Rio Hondo College’s 5-year curriculum cycle for course revisions.
Faculty members assess their SLO work within TaskStream, the College’s planning software. TaskStream is utilized by Institutional Research and Planning for an integrated approach to outcomes assessment and the planning process, including Program Plans and Program Reviews.
for completing outcomes work in TaskStream
- The TaskStream guide for creating, mapping, inputting Measures and Findings (data), and running reports can be found here.
- Additional material, including how-to videos to support your outcomes work can be found in Canvas in the Faculty Resource Center.
- Introduction to SLOs
- Criteria for Evaluating Course-Level SLOs
- Guidelines for Writing Outcomes for Degrees and Certificates