During the COVID-19 pandemic, the LAC and WRC are offering remote tutoring services online. The LAC and WRC’s wonderful tutors and faculty will continue to offer you the academic support you need to successfully complete your courses.
How to Make an Appointment for Remote Tutoring:
1. If you have not already, register for the free tutoring course: CRN 36458.
2. Accept the Canvas course invitation for CRN 36458.
3. Go to your AccessRio and click Academic tab. Scroll down and you will see links to make an LAC or WRC appointment. You can make your own appointment.
4. You will receive an appointment confirmation via email.
5. At the time of your appointment, go to Canvas and click on the Pisces link.
6. In Pisces, look for the Study Room with your tutor’s name and subject and enter the Pisces room.
7. If you get lost, you can ask a question in “chat”.
For more questions or to get assistance with making an appointment, please email the contacts below:
Learning Assistance Center
email@example.com (after 1 pm)
Writers’ Resource Center
firstname.lastname@example.org (after 1 pm)
Academic & Personal Success Workshops
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the TRIO SSS Team will continue to deliver academic and personal success workshops via various remote platforms such as Zoom Confer, Google Hangout or phone.
- Academic Skills Development
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Preparing for Finals
- Individual and Group Study
- Financial and Economic Literacy
- Scholarship Search
- Assistance Completing the FAFSA (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Feedback on your Personal Statement for Transfer Application
- Navigating the College System
- College Success Skills
- Many More!