Student Services Building, SS220 ♦ Phone number: (562) 463-7311 ♦ Contact Us
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am to 2:00pm
CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is the State’s welfare-to-work program for families with children. The purpose of the CalWORKs program at Rio Hondo College is to provide students who are receiving cash aid/ temporary aid for needy families (TANF) with EDUCATION, TRAINING,and EMPLOYMENT skills to become gainfully employed.
Go To College. Move Forward. We Can Help!
- Schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor for assistance selecting classes and/or educational planning and to complete required GAIN documents.
- It is mandatory that each student provide the CalWORKs Office a Notice of Action or Verification of Benefits verifying that they are receiving cash aid each semester.
- All CalWORKs students are required to complete a CalWORKs Orientation, please call our office to schedule an orientation. Educational supplies will be provided at the CalWORKs Orientation.
- Apply or renew your FAFSA each academic year.
- Work in Progress (WIP) forms will be sent out the 4th week of the semester and are due the 8th week of the semester. Please contact our office if you have any questions.