Steps to completing the financial aid process:
- Complete the FAFSA application online at www.fafsa.gov. The financial aid application year begins January 1 and ends June 30. List RHC’s school code: 001269. In order to complete the FAFSA application, you first need to create a FSA ID. Please see link below for instructions.
- Select the IRS Data Match on your FAFSA application in order to expedite the processing of your financial aid file. The instructions can be found below.
- Non-resident AB540 eligible students who are not eligible for federal aid may apply for state aid by completing the California Dream Act application online at www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp by March 2.
- Approximately 72 hours after submitting the on-line FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the email address you provided on your FAFSA application. This email is from the Department of Education not Rio Hondo College. The SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA.
- Once Rio Hondo, Financial Aid Department has downloaded your FAFSA application into the college’s system, you will receive an email sent to your Rio Hondo email address.
- Once your receive your application confirmation email from Rio Hondo, go to your AccessRIO student portal link. Log in to view what documentation is needed. You can view this information by clicking Unsatisfied Student Requirements. Instructions for requesting IRS Transcripts are below. If you are not selected for verification, accept your terms and conditions and no further action is required on your part.
- All required documents are fillable and PDF enabled. Complete the paperwork by clicking on the document, print it, and submit to the Financial Aid Office. All requested documents must be submitted together.
- Once your documents have been submitted, the status will show “Processing”
- When your AccessRIO portal status shows “Satisfied” under all your required documentation your awards will be ready to view under the Award Tab.
- You may now view Terms and Conditions Tab. Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions of accepting financial aid to prevent any delays in receiving financial aid funds.
Video- How to apply for FSA ID