Steps to completing the financial aid process:
- Apply for your Federal Student Aid ID at fsaid.ed.gov – this is so you can sign your application electronically for faster processing.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. AB540 students must complete the California Dream Act Application instead of the FAFSA. The California Dream Act application is available online at www.csac.ca.gov
- Check your Access Rio Portal for any additional required documents and to find out how much financial aid you may be eligible to receive.
- Students who need financial aid for only Summer 2016 must complete the 2015/16 FAFSA.
- Students who need financial aid for Summer 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017, must complete both the 2015/16 and 2016/17 FAFSA.
- Register your checking account information online to receive your financial aid funds electronically. Higher One, the College’s third party financial aid disbursement service, will mail you a Welcome Packet with instructions on how to register your bank account information on Higher One’s website. If you do not already have a checking account, you will need to open one prior to receiving your financial aid funds electronically.