The Associated Students of Rio Hondo College (ASRHC) is a student representative organization comprised of students at Rio Hondo College, who are elected by vote or by appointment, to serve as the student voice through the participatory governance process. The ASRHC functions to integrate the students’ needs and concerns with the administration, faculty and staff in order to improve the campus environment and overall college experience.
The ASRHC is housed within the Student Life & Leadership Department which is the core department for all co-curricular activities on campus. The ASRHC and Student Life & Leadership Department share guiding values and commit to providing students with events and programming that reflect: Leadership Development, Social Responsibility, Cultural Diversity, and Student Success and Degree Completion.
The ASRHC is broken up into three (3) branches. Please see below for the 2021-2022 ASRHC Officers:
- The Executive Branch (E-Board)
- President – Priscilla Mendoza
- Vice President – Graciela Bataz
- ICC Chair – Esmeralda Cazarez
- Secretary – Esmeralda De Anda
- Treasurer – Matthew De Haro
- Legislative Branch (Senators)
- Basic Needs – Jaydey Villa
- Campus Engagement – Vanessa Garcia
- Community Service – Jonathan Si
- Cultural Diversity – Paola Castellanos Martinez
- Legislative Affairs – Dylan Rodriguez
- Student Success – Anthony Carrillo
- Sustainability – Vacant
- Public Relations – Nyx Negrete
- 11 Senators at Large
- Melany Morales
- Aymi Ye
- Jahira Reynoso
- Naomi Chavez
- Nadia Santoyo
- Judicial Branch
- Chief Justice – Karissa Rivas
The Senate is comprised of voting and non-voting members of the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch. The ASRHC is a non-profit organization and raises funds by collecting the College Services Fee.
How to Join
The ASRHC hosts elections every spring. Applications are sent out to all student emails for positions that are elected by vote or by appointment. The ASRHC President appoints student leaders to vacant positions throughout the year. To see the online application for vacant positions go to the Elections tab on the left menu.
For more information, please use the contact page.