The Associated Students of Rio Hondo College (ASRHC) is a student representative organization comprised of students at Rio Hondo College, who are elected by vote or by appointment, to serve as the student voice through the participatory governance process. The ASRHC functions to integrate the students’ needs and concerns with the administration, faculty and staff in order to improve the campus environment and overall college experience.
The ASRHC is housed within the Student Life & Leadership Department which is the core department for all co-curricular activities on campus. The ASRHC and Student Life & Leadership Department share guiding values and commit to providing students with events and programming that reflect: Leadership Development, Social Responsibility, Cultural Diversity, and Student Success and Degree Completion.
The ASRHC is broken up into three (3) branches. Please see below for the 2020-2021 ASRHC Officers:
- The Executive Branch (E-Board)
- President – Jason Reyes
- Vice President – Kayla Cruz
- ICC Chair – Joseph Urena
- Secretary – Stephanie Hernandez
- Treasurer – Kaitlyn Ibarra
- Legislative Branch (Senators)
- Campus Engagement – Tess Ayala
- Community Service – Caley Asbee
- Cultural Diversity – Madelyn Reasin
- Legislative Affairs – Brandon De La Torre
- Student Success – Levy Martinez
- Sustainability – Giselle Martinez
- Public Relations – Emily De Luna
- 11 Senators at Large
- Daphne Beltran
- Priscilla Mendoza
- Alexis Padilla
- Steven Pacheco
- Bridget De Luna
- Esmeralda Cazarez
- Graciela Bataz
- Jaydey Villa
- Sally Smith
- Alondra Luna
- Vanessa Carlos
- Judicial Branch (Court Justices)
- Chief Justice – Lupita Hernandez
- Court Justice – Dontaylor (D.T.) Maxwell
- Court Justice – Dawne Cisneros
- Court Justice – Sophia Duncan
- Court Justice – Eric Hart
The Senate is comprised of voting and non-voting members of the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch. The ASRHC is a non-profit organization, and raises funds by collecting the College Services Fee.
How to Join
The ASRHC hosts elections every spring. Applications are sent out to all student emails for positions that are elected by vote or by appointment. The ASRHC President appoints student leaders to vacant positions throughout the year. To see the online application for vacant positions go to the Elections tab on the left menu.
For more information, please use the contact page.