Submitting Transcripts From Other Schools
In August 2008, Rio Hondo College’s policy for accepting transcripts changed. We can only accept transcripts as official if they are mailed from the institution to Rio Hondo College directly.
Please contact the Admissions and Records Office of your previous school and request an official transcript to be mailed to:Rio Hondo College Admissions & Records Office 3600 Workman Mill Rd Whittier, CA 90601-1699
Requesting Transcripts From Rio Hondo College
Rio Hondo College does NOT accept transcript requests by telephone or e-mail.
Please note: In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), records may not be requested by a third-party without the prior written authorization of the student. This includes the parents of a minor student.
How to Order Official Transcripts
There are 3 ways you can order your Rio Hondo College Transcripts (processing time in parenthesis):
Ordering transcripts online is the fastest and most convenient method. Rio Hondo College utilizes Credentials, Inc. and accepts transcript requests via a secure web site 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Operator assistance available (CST/CDT) 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday, by calling (847)-716-3005.
Official Transcripts are $5.00 per copy*
Internet service accommodates four types of transcript requests. Confirmation email sent when transcript order is complete.
- Regular Service: Mailed via USPS approximately 3-5 business days after receipt of signature authorization. Please allow additional time during peak periods.
- FEDERAL EXPRESS: Additional fees apply*. Address destination cannot be a PO Box, a signature is required for delivery. Requests must be made before noon Monday – Thursday for next day delivery and before 10:00 am on Friday for Monday delivery.
- PDF Electronic Delivery: For participating schools and by Third-Party Recipient*.
- Hold for Semester Grades: Processed approximately 30 days after close of semester.
Note: Course work taken prior to Fall 1984 may take approximately 14 business days to process.
*For Fed-ex and third-party electronic transcripts pricing information, click on the “Pricing Schedule” tab.
Mail-In & Fax Requests
To request transcripts by mail/fax, please submit the following information in a typed letter. Requests received by mail/fax take approximately 10-15 business days to process upon receipt. Please allow additional time during peak periods. Transcripts include grades of all courses taken at Rio Hondo. The first two copies ever requested are free of charge. This includes all documents requested in the past. Any additional documents requested in writing are $3.00 each. You may mail/fax your request to:
Note: Course work taken prior to Fall 1984 will take approximately 14 days to process.
- Student Name (Last, First, MI)
- Other Names Used at Rio Hondo College
- Student ID and/or Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Approximate Dates of Attendance
- Student Mailing Address
- Phone and/or Email Address
- Mailing Address for Each Transcript Request
- Student Signature
Send requests with cashier check or money order only payable to:Rio Hondo College
Admissions and Records 3600 Workman Mill Road Whittier, CA 90601-1699 Or fax to: (562) 463-3153
To print a transcript request form, click on the link below to view it in the browser and print it. Please fill out the form completely. Include the address you want the transcripts mailed to. Be sure to sign the form and mail to the address above.
The form is in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have software that will view the file, it will ask you to download it, rather than view in the browser. If it attempts to download, first download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
The Free Acrobat Reader® software is required to view and print the Transcript Request Form.
Click here to get Adobe Reader
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE REQUESTING TRANSCRIPTS
Note: ALL fees and policies are subject to change without notice.
A picture I.D. is required to request records.
- You may request your official transcript in person at the Admissions and Records Office. We are located in the Student Services Building. (SS-120)
- The first two transcripts/documents EVER requested are free (mail, or in-person), $3.00 per copy thereafter.
- Transcripts sent directly from Rio Hondo College are considered official. Personal copies are official until envelope is opened. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the receiving institution accepts personal copies.
- No partial transcripts will be issued
- Regular Mail – 7-10 business days PLUS regular mailing time.
- A Photo I.D. of the student is required for ALL transcript requests.
- All transcript fees are payable at the time the transcript request is submitted.
- Note: Course work taken prior to Fall 1984 may take approximately 20 days to process.
- Students are responsible for requesting the CSU/IGETC Certification to be included with their transcripts. This service is only available when certification and a transcript are being sent to a participating institution. Please be advised that there is NO RUSH for this service. Note: All AP, SAT scores and other college transcripts must be on file at the time the request is submitted if you want them to be included with certification.
- Transcript requests will not be held for final term grades. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all grades have been posted prior to requesting a transcript.
- Please allow delivery time for all mailed transcripts. Admissions and Records are not responsible for mail mishandled by the U.S. Post Office, receiving institution or agency.
- Transcript orders will not be processed until all outstanding debts are cleared.
- RHC does not release transcripts from other institutions. Transcripts only include RHC completed coursework.
- We do not process phone or email requests due to student confidentiality.
- We do not fax transcripts.
- RHC does not release transcripts for hand carry, all transcripts will be mailed or delivered electronically by PDF.
Use your AccessRio login and password to view and print unofficial transcripts. There is no charge for this service.
- Go to AccessRio
- Enter your User Name & Password: example(john.smith1234), password 071785
- If this is your first visit you will need to set up your three security questions, in the last empty field you create a question, and answer your own question.
- Once you have logged in, click on the student tab
- In the registration tools box click on My Student Records
- Click on student records
- Click on View Unofficial transcripts
- Choose UG for Under Grad
- Click submit
- View or print.