During this challenging time, the Río Hondo College Financial Aid Office will respond promptly to emails and calls.
If you have an emergency need, please call 562-463-3370 and we will return your call as soon as possible.
We encourage you to email our office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any general questions or concerns.
Río Hondo College has continued to disburse financial aid as scheduled, however, due to unforeseen COVID-19 related system alterations, the scheduled July 17, 2020 disbursement has been revised to July 22, 2020.
Additionally, we are allowed to pay Federal Work Study (FWS) students for their scheduled hours of work as long as they maintain 6 plus units of enrollment and have remaining eligibility.
We urge you to remain enrolled in your classes, as dropping a class may result in being required to repay some or all of your Spring 2020 Financial Aid.
Financial aid requests for the 2020-2021 academic year will be processed this Spring.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Stay safe and healthy.
Location: SS130 ♦ (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ Contact Us
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
The 2019/2020 FAFSA covers the current Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters.
The 2020/2021 FAFSA covers next Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 semesters.
Students interested in the Federal Work Study program click here for more information.
- Former Everest students that have been asked to submit transcripts to Rio Hondo College please follow the instructions from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to request your transcripts.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Disbursement section. Other important dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with BankMobile.
- All California Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governor’s fee waiver) refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.