Location: SS130 ♦ (562) 463-3370 ♦ Federal School Code: 001269 ♦ Contact Us
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Welcome to Rio Hondo College Financial Aid Office!
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. Financial aid is money that helps you pay for the cost of your education (college fees, books and supplies). Rio Hondo College (RHC) participates in most Federal and State financial aid programs.
The 2018/2019 FAFSA covers Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019.
The 2019/2020 FAFSA covers the upcoming Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters.
Students interested in the Federal Work Study program click here for more information.
- Former Everest students that have been asked to submit transcripts to Rio Hondo College please follow the instructions from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to request your transcripts.
- Don’t miss another Financial Aid Deadline, know when the next disbursement date is, etc. Sign up and receive phone text messages. It’s very simple just TEXT:@25538 to:81010. You will be on the student text list to receive General phone texts regarding Financial Aid (for personal financial aid information, you need to go to your AccessRio Portal). If you have any trouble, come to our office and we will be glad to help you.
- All Disbursement dates can be found in the Disbursement section. Other important dates can be found in the Calendar section. We will update the dates throughout the school term.
- All financial aid federal and state disbursements will be delivered to you via the refund preference you chose with BankMobile.
- All California Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governor’s fee waiver) refund checks are processed through the Accounting Office and mailed to your address on record within 6-8 weeks. No refunds can be made once the semester has ended.