Get Started

Get Started at Rio Hondo College

Choose one of the categories below to find out how to apply and start taking classes.


First-Time Student

Click here if it is your first time taking courses at a college or university.


Returning Student

Click here if you are a former Rio Hondo student, but have missed one or more semesters.

transfer students

Transfer Student

Click here if you have completed courses and/or earned a degree from another college or university.

high school students

Dual Enrollment

Click here if you are currently in high school and want to take college courses at the same time. Dual enrollment is also for K–8 and adult high school students.

international student

International Student

Click here if you are applying as an international student or changing your visa status to F-1.

continuing adult education

Continuing Education

Click here for noncredit paths to prepare adult learners for credit courses or the workplace.

click here to visit the guided pathways website

Explore Programs

click here to visit the Career Coach website

Explore Careers