- August 19, 2022 – 1st disbursement 50% (For students with Satisfactory Academic Progress of Good or New)
- September 9, 2022- Make-up first disbursement
- September 23, 2022 – 2nd disbursement 25%
- October 21, 2022 – 3rd disbursement 25%
- December 16, 2022 – Make-up disbursement.
- January 27, 2023 – 1st disbursement 50%
- February 10, 2023 – Make-up first disbursement
- March 3, 2023 – 2nd disbursement 25%
- March 24, 2023 3rd disbursement 25%
- April 21, 2023 –Final Make-up disbursement.
- June 2, 2023 – 1st disbursement
- June 23, 2023 – Make-up first disbursement
- July 21, 2023 – 2nd disbursement
Cal Grant will be paid in two disbursements per year. Half of the award during Fall and the remaining half during Spring
- September TBD 2022 – Regular disbursement
- November TBD 2022 – Make-up disbursement
- March TBD 2023 – Regular disbursement
- TBD – Make-up disbursement
|0-5.5 units (Less than Half-time)||Not Eligible|
|6-8.5 units (Half-Time)||50%|
|9-11.5 units (Three Quarter-Time)||75%|
|12+ units (Full time)||100%|
|*Eligibility is based on enrolled units at the time of disbursement preparation. Late start classes do not count until the class begins.|
Loans will be paid in two disbursements per semester.
- October TBD 2022 1st disbursement 50%
- October TBD 2022 2nd disbursement 50%
- March TBD 2023 1st disbursement 50%
- April TBD 2023 2nd disbursement 50%
Before receiving a disbursement, you must have a completed file and do the following:
- You must ensure that all requirements have a Satisfied (S) Status showing on AccessRIO
- You must enroll and take part in classes
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
Awards are posted on AccessRIO. You will receive a disbursement notification email via RioMail.
The disbursement amount is based upon the number of units that you are currently registered and attending. If you drop units, your disbursement amounts may be affected.
All disbursements are credited to your student account first to cover any tuition you still owe. Any remaining amount is disbursed to the account you have selected as your refund preference .
Rio Hondo provides it’s Financial Aid disbursements electronically via BankMobile Disbursements. You will receive your refund selection kit in the mail at your primary address on file with RHC and a personal code to your Rio Hondo College student email. Students who submit a FAFSA AND show enrollment at RHC will automatically receive a refund selection kit in the mail. The refund selection kit does NOT mean you are eligible for financial aid nor will funds automatically be made available. Follow the instructions in the refund selection kit to select your refund preference as soon as possible to prevent delays in any aid you may be eligible for.
For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
First funds from your grant or loan are applied to your student account. Then RHC verifies the information. Finally, it is sent electronically to BankMobile. It is then processed by BankMobile and disbursed according to your refund preference.
BankMobile sends you an email to address you entered when you selected your refund preference to let you know when the funds are disbursed.