Students who are interested in completing observation hours at the Child Development Center (CDC) must complete an Observation Form and bring a class syllabus or a letter from their professor stating the purpose of the observation. If the student wants to observe more than one day, proof of the following immunizations must be submitted with the application.
- TB Test ( within the last year)
- Measles (MMR)
- Pertussis (Dtap)
- Flu Shot (optional)
Students interested in completing an observation at the Child Development Center (CDC) will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a current Rio Hondo College Student
- Be able to show proof of the observation assignment to be completed
- Present proof of current immunizations listed above
To Sign up for an observation, the following steps:
- Call to schedule or walk into the CDC with the following documentation
- Reviewed & signed CDC Observation Form
- Current Student ID
- Print out of your observation assignment
- Print out of required immunizations
- At no time may students be alone with a child
- You are not permitted to assist a child in the bathroom.
- At no time are you allowed to raise your voice, physically restrain, punish or discipline a child.
- Sharing information with others about our children, their families or our staff is not permitted. Confidentiality must be maintained.
- You are under the direction of the teachers and aides in the classroom.
- Please no food or drinks in the classroom or outdoor environment (Bottled water is okay).
Observation hours are between 8:00am-11:30am AND 2:30pm-5:00pm