Please fill out the form as much as possible. If you have to submit more forms later, please submit them on the MESA Document Submission Page.
To expedite the process, please make sure the following is complete before submitting your application:
- Carefully read and respond to all questions on the application.
- Attach copies of your federal income tax return from the last calendar year (form 1040, 1040-A, 1040-EZ). If you are less than 24 years-old, and you answer NO to all questions on the table of the financial information page, we will need your tax forms, as well as your parents’ tax forms.
- Attach unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. For Rio Hondo, you can print them from Access Rio.
MESA|TRIO is time intense
- If you think MESA may not be for you, then it probably is for you. You don’t have to have a high GPA to join MESA. Our goal it to get you to have a GPA that you can transfer with.
- MESA|TRIO is NOT a club, it is an Academic Program. MESA|TRIO student success is possible because we help students understand how much time it takes to be successful.
- Once we have processed your application, and you are eligible to join, we will ask you to sign the Article of Commitment so you understand the expectations and the requirements of the program.
- A limited number of spaces are available. You may be wait-listed after all available spaces are filled.
- Don’t procrastinate, turn the application in immediately.
- Your application cannot be processed until all the required information is submitted to our office. It is your responsibility to check with us about the status of your application. We will review your complete application within 3 business days. We will then notify you about the status of your application by email or telephone.
- If you are deemed to be a good candidate for admission to the program, we will reach out to you to schedule an appointment for a meeting with the director.
- You have 5 business days to respond to the request. If you do not contact us within that time, you may jeopardize your admission to the program for the current semester.