Rio Hondo College
The Río Hondo Math Academy is designed to prepare middle and high school students for college level math through a variety of noncredit math courses. The Math Academy equips students with math concepts, techniques, strategies, attitudes, and the perseverance needed to successfully acquire new knowledge, and develop skills and abilities, needed for math achievement and appreciation.
By participating in the Río Hondo Math Academy, students can:
- Complete courses that usually take a year to complete and be placed in the next level for the coming school year.
- Earn up to 10 high school credits.
- Complete advanced math classes (AP Calculus or AP Statistics) before graduating from high school.
Attend an orientation or call us to find out about this great opportunity.
Our mission is to provide a supportive, equitable, and engaging environment that fosters appreciation of mathematics and skills development to prepare middle and high school students for higher college level math courses, such as AP Calculus and AP Statistics.
- High quality teaching and learning: Dynamic, highly qualified math instruction in a supportive, equitable, and engaging environment
- Student Access and Success: A welcoming, inclusive, fun experience utilizing active and supportive learning strategies
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility: A commitment to advancing equitable, pre-college outcomes in math courses