Introduction to the Launch Pad
The Launch Pad plays an important role in the grant planning process at Rio Hondo College and is designed to assist during the grant development process. The Launch Pad also ensures there is leadership approval prior to any effort to write or submit a grant proposal on behalf of the college. This includes new grants, renewal grants, and sub-grant award opportunities.
The benefits of the approval process include institutional awareness and support of the proposed ideas. When a grant proposal is funded, this level of awareness and support provides a basis for more effective and efficient project implementation.
Review of the Launch Pad allows the Superintendent/President, Vice Presidents, and key program administrators an opportunity to evaluate the idea for alignment with the college’s Goals and Objectives and Program Plan.
Another benefit of the Launch Pad is the value it provides by encouraging individuals to develop an informative outline of their proposed project idea. This information will be expanded later during the grant development process as ideas are further developed.
Click here to download the 2014 Grant Launch Pad (Microsoft Word format).
The Launch Pad Process
The Director of Grant Development & Management is available to assist you throughout the grant development process and is responsible for submitting all grant proposals. If you have any questions about the Launch Pad process or need assistance, please contact the Director.
- Concept Detail – Please complete and obtain your Dean’s approval.
- If your idea will impact other programs or staff on campus, please let them know what you are planning. They might have some helpful input and advice. The Director can assist with these meetings if requested.
- If your idea includes the need for Advertising or Marketing activities, please contact the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Once you submit the Launch Pad to the Director of Grant Development & Management, it will be reviewed by the President’s Cabinet. You may be asked to provide additional information.
- When the President’s Cabinet approves and signs the Launch Pad, you may begin developing your grant proposal. Please check with the Office of Grant Development & Management on the status of your Launch Pad.