The Los Angeles County and Orange County Fire Chief’s Physical Ability Test is designed to examine the physical ability of the individual when it comes to performing the functions or tasks of a Firefighter. The test is composed of 11 different events in which the candidates must pass in a time of 9 minutes and 34 seconds or less. Candidates may only take the Biddle test once a day.
Date: Second Saturday of the Month or Specific Assigned Test Date
Time: 0630 or 1230 Hours
Location: Rio Hondo Fire Academy
11400 Greenstone Avenue, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Instructor: Captain Jay Joiner
Cost: $40 Cash (exact change please) or
Check payable to Rio Hondo College (Payment due at time of testing)
Important to Note:
If you are currently under isolation or quarantine
due to exposure to COVID-19,
PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Bring your photo ID. Workout clothing and athletic shoes are recommended.
- All candidates will be screened, temperatures checked, and procedural waivers signed.
- All candidates MUST bring/have their own face mask.
- Candidates are required to wear a Turnout coat, Firefighting helmet, Structure gloves, and an SCBA. Rio Hondo Fire Academy will provide the required equipment., however candidates are allowed to utilize their own equipment.
- Rio Hondo College reserves the right to inspect all equipment that candidates bring, in order to ensure it meets Biddle standards.
** To Schedule a Test: CLICK HERE **
PASSING TIME: 9 minutes and 34 seconds or less
** To Schedule a Test,CLICK HERE**