INFORMATION MEETINGS FOR CLASS 211
CURRENTLY, ALL INFORMATION MEETINGS
ARE BEING HELD VIA ZOOM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
To receive an information packet, please send your inquiry to Lorraine Duran at: LDuran@riohondo.edu You will be provided a link prior to the Zoom meeting.
Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
On the first Wednesday, the meeting is at 12:00pm.
On the third Wednesday, the meeting is at 7:00pm.
All Meetings will be held via Zoom.
The information meeting is the first step in applying to the Police Academy. Attendance is mandatory.
UPCOMING ACADEMY DATES
Class 211-Start Date – February 3, 2021 – Closed
Class 211 Graduation Date -August 11, 2021
Class 212-Start Date-September 15, 2021
Class 212 Graduation Date March 9, 2022
Class 213-Start Date-March 3, 2022
Class 213 Graduation Date – August 24, 2022
Class 214–Start Date-October 6, 2022
Class 214 Graduation Date- March 23, 2023
At this time we are only presenting full time academies
Minimum Standards for Employment
The minimum selection standards for peace officers in California are set forth in Government Code Sections 1029 and 1031. Every California peace officer must:
- be free of any felony convictions;
- be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship (CHP officers must be US citizens at time of appointment);
- be at least 21 years of age;
- be fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
- be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation;
- be a high school graduate, pass the General Education Development test or have attained a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited institution; and
- be found to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer.
For more information visit the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) – Peace Officer Candidate Information web page.