INFORMATION MEETINGS FOR – CLASS 216
Held in-person on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at the Police Academy, located in the Administration of Justice Building (signs will be posted indicating meeting classroom location).
On the first Wednesday, the meeting is at 12:00pm
On the third Wednesday, the meeting is at 7:00pm
***THE FIRST MEETING OF THE MONTH ON JUNE 7TH IS CANCELLED – THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JUNE 21, 2023 AT 7:00PM
The information meeting is the first step in applying to the Police Academy. If your intent is to apply to an upcoming academy class, attendance to the information meeting is mandatory.
Police Academy TESTING Information
Basic Academy (Intensive format – 6 months)
Upcoming Academy Dates below:
|CLASS||Start Date||Graduation Date|
|215||June 7, 2023||November 30, 2023|
|216||January 10, 2024||July 3, 2024|
|217||August 14, 2024||February 5, 2025|
Extended Basic Academy (10-12 months) – NO SESSIONS SCHEDULED
Minimum Standards for Employment
The minimum selection standards for peace officers in California are set forth in Government Code Sections 1029 and 1031. Every California peace officer must:
- be free of any felony convictions;
- be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship (CHP officers must be US citizens at time of appointment);
- be at least 21 years of age;
- be fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
- be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation;
- be a high school graduate, pass the General Education Development test or have attained a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited institution; and
- be found to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer.
For more information visit the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) – Peace Officer Candidate Information web page.