Get Enrolled at Rio Hondo
1. Complete the Rio Hondo College Admissions Application
2. Apply for Financial Aid including the BOG Fee Waiver
3. Take the Rio Hondo College Placement Test in: Math – Reading – English
For more information contact the Assessment Center: @ 562-692-0921 ex 7226
Start Your Intake Process
Call the Rio Hondo CalWORKs Program office at (562) 463-7311 for an appointment or come into the CalWORKs office room SS 220.
Bring your necessary paperwork from the County (GN6006/6007)
If you have not qualified for CalWORKs yet, you start YourBenefitsNow! application here.
Know the Eligibility Requirements
The list below is a “short list.” Click here to view all eligibility requirements.
- Reside in California and intend to stay;
- Have an eligible child(ren) or are pregnant and;
- One or both parents are absent from the home, deceased or disabled; or
- Both parents are in the home, but the principal wage earner is either unemployed or working less than 100 hours per month at the time they applied for assistance.
- Be a United States citizen or a lawful immigrant;
- Have a Social Security number or have applied for one;
- Have a net monthly income less than the maximum aid payment for family size;
Meet the CalWORKs Student Expectations
- Maintain a 2.0/C average
- Meet the 20/30/35 hour county approved program of activities
- Comply with Department of Public Social Services and CalWORKs/GAIN guidelines