Who is a re-entry student?
A re-entry student is an adult learner, 23 years or older, who is new to college or returning to college after a prolonged absence. We recognize that our re-entry students enter college with a unique set of strengths and challenges. The Adult Re-Entry Program, which is housed within the CCRS, is committed to fostering an environment of success for adult learners through the provision of superb and comprehensive educational, counseling, and student services. It is CCRS’s goal to create a designated place on campus where our adult re-entry students feel welcomed and at home, and where their diverse educational needs can be met in a thorough and efficient manner.
Services available to re-entry students include:
- Individualized career counseling and educational planning appointments
- Assistance with creating a schedule, registering for classes, and applying for financial aid
- Use of the Center’s computer lab and career library
- FREE career assessments and professional interpretations
- Job preparation assistance (resume writing, interviewing skills, and job search strategies)
- Access to the Center’s online job and internship board
- Assistance with using social media for professional networking purposes
- Online Counseling https://www.riohondo.edu/counseling-center/online-counseling/schedule-an-appointment/
Please visit us at the Center for Career and Re-Entry Services (SS 350), reach us by phone at (562) 908-3407 or email us at email@example.com